Talk to your doctors and nurses about any pain you are experiencing.
- Work with your care team to create a pain control plan. Let them know what pain control methods have worked in the past, including non-medical options like massage, repositioning, music, etc. If your pain control plan is working, stick to it. If it’s not, let your care team know.
- Share any concerns about pain medication, including side effects.
- Make your care team aware of any other medicines you take as well as any allergies to medications.
- Help your care team “measure” your pain. You may be asked to rate your pain on a scale of 0 to 10. Or, you may choose a word from a list that best describes the pain.
- Tell the doctor or nurses about any pain that won't go away.
Pain Care Locations
2300 N. Edward St.
Decatur, IL 62526
1600 W. Walnut St
Jacksonville, IL 62650